BA in Accounting and Finance
Course Information Package
|Course Unit Title||PROJECT|
|Course Unit Code||AFPR400|
|Course Unit Details|
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||11|
|Learning Outcomes of the course unit||By the end of the course, the students should be able to:|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Recommended optional program components|
Senior project: the final project towards the completion of the course, which can be regarded as the thesis. It is a course where students act as individual scholars in an investigation of a course of their own choice.
Research and analysis: The course can be of any nature/idea/concept in the field of economics, accounting, finance, or management. The ultimate scope is to conduct an extensive research into the course (utilizing all conventional or not media) and prepare an extended essay from the research findings and analysis.Self-negotiated project: The student negotiates a personal Program of Study and develops a Senior Project. The negotiated Program is devised in conjunction with the Course Supervisor and the Personal Tutor. The course requires the student to initialize a written brief and produce final written thesis of 10.000 words. The emphasis is on innovation and variety where topics can cross boundaries in both inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary guises.
|Course Contents||The course is mainly based on individual research and practical work. Student centered practical work, personal research, realization and manipulation in project work. The use of personal tutor/advisor is compulsory as well as an important and integral part of the teaching methodology.|
|Recommended and/or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
· By the end of the 6th semester of studies students are to decide upon a topic and find a project supervisor who will remain their supervisor throughout the duration of the senior project as well.
· Students are advised about the requirements of the course through a 1 hour presentation and a number of files on www.staff.fit.ac.cy .
· Students are shown examples of previous successful projects and are assisted by supervisors to choose a specific project topic.
· By the end of the first month of the 7th semester students have to submit a working title form with the provisional project structure, signed by both the supervisor and the student
· By the end of the 7th semester students are to submit literature review in a structured and coherent manner.
· By the end of the last week of the 8th semester students submit the final project to supervisors and to the Department Chair
· Students present their Project in front of a Panel of Examiners by giving a ten minute PowerPoint presentation on a date set one or two days after the last examination. They are then asked questions on the Project for a further ten minutes.
· The Examiners grade the work and its presentation and notified the students of the result in due course
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Language of instruction||English|