BA in Business Administration - (Distance Learning)
The Programme is currently under evaluation by the Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education. It is expected that the Programme will be accredited and offered in the academic year 2016-2017.
BA in Business Administration (Distance Learning)
Program’s language of instruction: English
Duration of studies:
The duration of the BA programme will be 48 months (i.e. eight semesters) for full time or 96 months (i.e. sixteen semesters) for part time attendance.
For the successful completion of the programme, 240 ECTS are required. The program is offered in eight semesters and each semester corresponds to 30 ECTS.
Program’s purpose and objectives:
The Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration program includes a core set of required courses in various fields relevant to business studies, specialized business electives and general electives. The program has been developed by academics in collaboration with industry professionals and the curriculum focuses on real-world skills. The program is offered as an online experience and allows graduates to study at their own pace and advance their career prospects.
Thus, the program is designed for students seeking to acquire a high level of knowledge from a broad base of business concepts to create solutions to contemporary business problems. Students will acquire the skills needed to integrate management, marketing, accounting, economics and finance.
After completing the program, students will have developed an understanding of the business functions of organizations; the political, legal and regulatory environment in its global perspective; they will have developed critical and analytical thinking skills while being able to communicate effectively and use modern technology.
Intended learning outcomes:
- Define, evaluate and implement criteria according to which an enterprise is defined and link the results with the analysis of the environment to identify perspectives.
- Identify, evaluate and analyse the constitutional characteristics and the functional areas of an organisation and their relations (i.e. goals and objectives, ownership, size, structure, purchasing, production, logistics, marketing, finance, human resource).
- Audit an organisation and design consultancy plans (i.e. tax law, investment, case studies, project work)
- Understand, use and implement bookkeeping and financial tools and systems (i.e. profit and loss account, balance sheet).
- Identify and evaluate the impact of macro- and microeconomic elements on business organisations (i.e. financial and monetary systems, internal markets).
- Design and implement and operate information systems.
- Identify, implement and master adequate tools for market research, and statistical analysis.
- Managing a company by planning and controlling concepts, methods and tools.
- Understand follow and implement existing and new technology and its impact for new / future markets.
- Evaluate and implement the principles of law and link them with business / management knowledge and marketing.
- Demonstrate competencies in oral and written communication skills, in English as a foreign language as well as in the use of relevant computing technologies and tools.
Compulsory courses ModulesThe student must successfully complete 170 ECTS, from the following list of modules:
|No.||Code||Name||ECTS||Hours / week|
|1||ABCO101||BUSINESS COMMUNICATION I||5||3|
|2||ABCO102||BUSINESS COMMUNICATION II||5||3|
|3||ABSA101||INTRODUCTORY ACCOUNTING I||5||3|
|4||ABSA102||INTRODUCTORY ACCOUNTING II||5||3|
|5||ABSE101||INTRODUCTION TO MICROECONOMICS||5||3|
|6||ABSE102||INTRODUCTION TO MACROECONOMICS||5||3|
|9||ABSE403||ECONOMICS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION||5||3|
|10||ABSL210||BUSINESS LAW I||5||3|
|11||ABSL310||BUSINESS LAW II||5||3|
|12||ABSM101||MARKETING PRINCIPLES I||5||3|
|13||ABSM112||MARKETING PRINCIPLES II||5||3|
|14||ABSM203||MARKETING RESEARCH & INFORM. SYSTEMS||5||3|
|15||ABSM307||INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS||5||3|
|18||ABSO103||INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS ORGANISATION I||5||3|
|19||ABSO104||INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS ORGANISATION II||5||3|
|20||ABSO204||HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT||5||3|
|21||ABSO307||BUSINESS POLICY AND STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT||5||3|
|23||ABSP449||SENIOR PROJECT I||5||0|
|24||ABSP450||SENIOR PROJECT II||5||0|
|25||ACSC103||COMPUTER APPLICATION PACKAGES||5||2 + 1|
|26||ACSC105||BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS||5||3|
|27||AFIN101||BUSINESS FINANCE I||5||3|
|28||AFIN102||BUSINESS FINANCE II||5||3|
|29||AMAT106||CALCULUS FOR BUSINESS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES||5||3|
|33||ARRW101||BUSINESS RESEARCH AND REPORT WRITING I||5||3|
|34||ARRW102||BUSINESS RESEARCH AND REPORT WRITING II||5||3|
Business Electives ModulesThe student must successfully complete 70 ECTS, from the following list of modules:
|No.||Code||Name||ECTS||Hours / week|
|1||ABSA203||INTERMEDIATE FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING I||5||3|
|2||ABSA204||INTERMEDIATE FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING II||5||3|
|3||ABSA205||COST AND MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING I||5||3|
|4||ABSA206||COST AND MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING II||5||3|
|5||ABSA307||ADVANCED ACCOUNTING PRACTICE||5||3|
|6||ABSA308||ADVANCED ACCOUNTING THEORY||5||3|
|8||ABSA405||ADVANCED MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING I||5||3|
|9||ABSA406||ADVANCED MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING II||5||3|
|10||ABSA408||AUDITING THEORY & PRACTICE I||5||3|
|11||ABSA411||AUDITING THEORY & PRACTICE II||5||3|
|15||ABSE302||MONEY AND BANKING||5||3|
|18||ABSE402||CONTEMPORARY ECONOMIC ISSUES||5||3|
|23||ABSM308||MARKETING PLANNING & PRODUCT STRATEGIES||5||3|
|24||ABSM410||ADVANCED MARKETING MANAGEMENT||5||3|
|25||ABSO105||BUSINESS ORGANIZATION I||5||3|
|26||ABSO106||BUSINESS ORGANIZATION II||5||3|
|28||ABSO304||MANAGEMENT SCIENCE I||5||3|
|29||ABSO305||MANAGEMENT SCIENCE II||5||3|
|31||ABSO309||ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND EFFECTIVE BUSINESS PLAN WRITING||5||3|
|32||ABSO418||PRINCIPLES & METHODS IN ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT||5||3|
|34||AFIN203||CORPORATE FINANCE I||5||3|
|35||AFIN204||CORPORATE FINANCE II||5||3|
|36||AFIN305||FINANCIAL MARKETS AND INSTITUTIONS||5||3|
|37||AFIN306||INVESTMENT ANALYSIS, PORTFOLIO THEORY & MANAGEMENT||5||3|