BSc in Quantity Surveying
|BSc in Quantity Surveying|
Level Of Qualification
|Bachelor (1st Cycle Degree)|
|Department of Civil Engineering|
Mode of Study
|Full Time or Part Time|
The “Quantity Surveying” Program of Study provides the opportunity to students with an orientation towards the disciplines of building technology, management, economics and law to merge these disciplines into a professional career in the area of Quantity Surveying. This is a highly concise and practical program geared towards providing the state-of the-art skills necessary for immediate entering practice at the highest level. The program gives students the opportunity to apply their training in real world applications. The program is structured in such a way as to provide students a broad knowledge from all main areas of the field of Quantity Surveying. A general Quantity Surveying knowledge is provided through courses related to Mathematics and through a number of introductory courses on Construction Materials, Construction Technology, Management Economics and Law. The tools required by students to become successful professional Quantity Surveyors, are provided through a number of advanced courses, extensive assignments and practical case studies. All courses are assessed according to the normal procedure followed by the University with the exception of practical work, which have no final exam element. The practical component mark that is included in certain subject areas contributes to the overall students' coursework mark for each course individually. Project assessment is carried out based on regulations.
The language of instruction is English.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Propose sustainable materials, methods and systems in construction and development
- Interpret and to some extend verify levels and construction layout information
- Understand European and Cyprus Law in general and with respect to health and safety and the environment
- Advise on ways of procuring a project
- Form Cyprus and International construction contracts
- Administer construction contracts
- Carry out valuations and cost estimation
- Prepare construction financial reports
- Manage people and products
- Manage a modern organization with information technology
- Manage the commercial success of a project for a contractor
The program is structured in such a way as to provide students a broad knowledge from all main areas of the field of Quantity Surveying. The graduates of the program can work in construction firms and organisations that offer support to engineering works.
They can also manage, implement, and administer construction management systems. They fulfil the requirements for employment in the public or private sectors.