The Frederick Research Center
Frederick Research Center (FRC) is a leading research non-profit organization in Cyprus. It was established in 1995 in order to create a solid foundation for the development of scientific research activities of Cypriot and foreign scientists. FRC main goals are:
- to promote scientific research and science in general and to undertake and conduct research of basic and applied nature in various domains
- to offer consulting services to individuals, business, organizations and the government
- to encourage participation in research projects and development of research proposal
- to coordinate and participate in the implementation of research projects and
- to establish collaborations with other national and international research Centers and universities for the execution of research work.
FRC engages highly qualified academic/research staff with long experience in implementing independent and high caliber research and with rich publications record in peer-reviewed scientific journals. Numerous research projects have been carried out through FRC and part of their results have been presented in international scientific conferences, contributing to the dissemination and technology transfer. To facilitate this, FRC has a modern contemporary lab infrastructure and a Library with access to hundreds of relevant scientific, technology and business journals.
Furthermore, among the main aims of the Center is to support (financially or otherwise) students and researchers as well as to support the publication of books, reports and journals. To this end, the Center has close collaborations with Frederick University (FU) and Frederick Institute of Technology and often involves faculty members and students in project work and proposals.
In addition, FRC staff has developed closed collaboration with several public authorities, corporations, nonprofit organizations, universities and other educational institutes in Cyprus and abroad. The participation and involvement of research personnel in these collaborative networks ensures the increase of external funding for research projects at the Center.
FRC encourages the “Bottom-up” approach for development of ideas and therefore the projects implemented under FRC cover a broad range of research interests. Since the start of its operation, FRC has been involved in more than 50 externally funded research projects, in the majority of which as a lead partner, as well as numerous smaller consulting and self funded projects. Although a significant amount of projects concerned the domains of science and technology, the Center has also been and is keen to get involved in research relevant to Environment, Education, Management & Economics and Social Sciences.
An indication of the Research work at FRC can be obtained from the list of most recent projects below, categorized in the following Thematic Areas:
- Applied Sciences & Engineering
- Materials Sciences & Applications
- Sustainable Development & Environment
- Medical Technology & Public Health
- Social Sciences & Economics
Frederick Research Center is located at:
7 Filokyprou Street,
Tel: +357 22394394
Fax: +357 22438234
For any queries regarding the operation, projects and services of FRC as well as issues relating to potential collaborations, please contact the FRC director's office or the Research Service at Frederick .