BA in Business Administration
BA in Business Administration
Level Of Qualification
Bachelor (1st Cycle Degree)
|Department of Business Administration|
Mode of Study
Full Time or Part Time
The program introduces and familiarizes students with a broad range of Business Administration disciplines. In addition, the program is designed to offer students the fundamental business theories and develop in them the skills essential for competitiveness in the 21st century. The courses offered through the program constitute a balance between the academic and practical directions. Upon graduations students are prepared for the industry and/or for further studies.
The language of instruction is English.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the forms and functions of business organizations as well as organizational behaviour
- Appreciate the contribution that strategy can make to successful performance, perform competitive and organisational analyses
- Demonstrate management skills
- Formulate and implement human resource strategies that help the firm to achieve a sustained competitive advantage
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of macroeconomics, microeconomics and issues relating to economic policies
- Demonstrate basic knowledge in accounting and finance necessary for making sound business decisions
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of the methodologies, tools and technologies involved in marketing and marketing with digital technologies
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of the legal framework as applicable to individuals and corporations
- Analyse data using appropriate statistical analysis tools
- Demonstrate competency in oral, written and graphical communication skills, as well as in the use of relevant computing technologies and tools.
- Retrieve, analyse and evaluate information from different sources, including information retrieval through databases and on-line computer searches.
- Demonstrate the development of transferable skills related to teamwork and leadership
- Record, analyse, report and interpret financial accounting information for external reporting purposes
- Use techniques, methods and theories for preparation and audit of financial statements
- Prepare tax computations in various areas of taxation for both individuals and companies and make suggestions for tax planning
- Apply different finance techniques for capital budgeting and financing of investments
- Analyse financial issues relating to financial markets and institutions and techniques for portfolio investments, evaluating risk and the valuation of securities
- Equip students with an understanding of economic and international financial environment
- Find and evaluate opportunities to start your own business
- Develop a business plan for a start-up company
- Examine the role of competitive advantage in business using strategic and operational methods
- Demonstrate skills necessary to manage a start-up, an SME, a franchise outlet, or a family business
- Analyse financial information and other business data to ensure effective managerial decision-making
- Design effective solutions by diagnosing organizational problems
- Recognize and evaluate ethical issues in business
- Demonstrate an understanding of international business environment and globalization
- Apply project management techniques to solve business problems.
Exemptions from Professional Examinations
The program provides the following exemptions from professional accounting bodies:
- Up to 9 out of 13 examinations of the Association of Chartered and Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Up to 12 out of 17 examinations of the Association of International Accountants (AIA)
- Eligible to have full exemptions from the ACCA’s Foundations in Accounting (FIA) qualification. These include the following:
- ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (RQF Level 2)
- ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (RQF Level 3)
- ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (RQF Level 4)
Occupational Profiles of the Graduates
The graduates of the Program have the knowledge and skills required for running their own, self-administrated business. They fulfil the requirements for employment in the public or private sectors as officers, assistant managers, or managers in organisations and/or businesses. They can also be employed in the industry, in banks, cooperatives, semi-governmental bodies and in areas related to accounting and finance.
The graduates of the Program can also be employed as educators in public or private secondary schools.