Course Structure Diagram
|PHDED901||COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS OF RESEARCH DATA I||10|
|PHDED902||GRADUATE SEMINAR I||20|
|PHDED903||COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS OF REASEARCH DATA II||10|
|PHDED904||GRADUATE SEMINAR II||10|
|PHDED905||DESIGN OF RESEARCH PROPOSAL||20|
|PHDED907||DEFENSE OF RESEARCH PROPOSAL||10|
|PHDED908||RESEARCH PHASE I||10|
|PHDED909||RESEARCH PHASE II||10|
|PHDED910||DISSERTATION WRITING PHASE I/PUBLICATIONS||10|
|PHDED911||RESEARCH PHASE III||10|
|PHDED912||RESEARCH PHASE IV||10|
|PHDED913||DISSERTATION WRITING PHASE II/PUBLICATIONS||10|
|PHDED914||RESEARCH PHASE V||10|
|PHDED915||DISSERTATION WRITING PHASE III/PUBLICATIONS||10|
|PHDED916||DEFENSE OF DOCTORAL DISSERTATION||10|
The program is structured in six (6) semesters of 30 ECTS credits each. The minimum duration of the program is six semesters (180 ECTS).
A doctoral student is awarded the doctoral title after a successful completion of the requirements specified in the program structure. These requirements include the successful completion of the following:
- Doctoral Level Courses
- Comprehensive Exam
- Graduate Seminar Courses
- Defence of Research Proposal
- Paper Publications
- Doctoral Dissertation Submission
- Doctoral Dissertation Defence
Application Form: Click HERE to fill in online and download (pdf)
Admission to the doctoral program is done after the announcement of doctoral positions by the Department, followed by an application by the interested applicant. Eligible applicants must hold a university degree, Bachelor’s and Master’s, granted by an institution recognized in the country where it operates. Applicants who do not hold their first degree at the time of application, but will hold such a degree before the commencement of the graduate program, are also eligible to apply but must submit a letter from their University’s Registrar verifying that they are indeed eligible to graduate. The decision on their admission does not become official until the degree has been successfully produced.
- Each application for admission should include:
- A completed application form.
- A Curriculum Vitae indicating the student’s education, academic and research experience, any publications, awards, etc.
- A Research Statement. Candidates with prior graduate studies are required to submit a brief research statement (up to 600 words) stating the area in which they are interested in conducting research. Candidates with no prior graduate level studies do not need to submit a research statement.
- At least two letters of recommendation from academic or professional advisors.
- Certified copies of all degrees and transcripts.
- Copies of any other supporting material, such as exams, honours, awards, etc.
- Proof of English language proficiency, such as the TOEFL, the IELTS, or other equivalent language examinations. Candidates, who have completed an undergraduate or graduate program where the instruction language was English, satisfy the proof of English language proficiency requirement.
Admission’s Evaluation Procedure
All applications for admission are evaluated by the Doctoral Program Committee. All applicants satisfying the admissions requirements are invited for a personal interview by the Doctoral Program Committee. The criteria for the evaluation of the candidates are the following:
- Academic background
- Research background
- Recommendation letters
- Additional qualifications
- Personal Interview
After completing the evaluation process, the Doctoral Program Committee submits to the Council of the Department a Program Admission Evaluation Report on its decision. This report includes a justified suggestion of the Committee on the acceptance/rejection of the candidate’s application, possible conditions for admission, transfer credits, and research area. If appropriate, the Committee may suggest in this report the Research Advisor and the members of the Research Advisory Committee.
Coordinators: Prof. Areti Panaoura and Dr Nikleia Eteokleous
Nicosia Campus: Y. Frederickou 7, Pallouriotissa,
Nicosia 1036, Cyprus
Tel: +357 22394394
Fax: +357 22438234
Limassol Campus: Mariou Agathagelou 18,
Agios Georgios Havouzas,
Limassol 3080, Cyprus
Tel: +357 25730975
Fax: +357 25735001
Required ModulesThe student must successfully complete 180 ECTS, from the following list of modules:
|No.||Code||Name||ECTS||Hours / week|
|1||PHDED901||COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS OF RESEARCH DATA I||10||3|
|2||PHDED902||GRADUATE SEMINAR I||20||3|
|3||PHDED903||COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS OF REASEARCH DATA II||10||3|
|4||PHDED904||GRADUATE SEMINAR II||10||3|
|5||PHDED905||DESIGN OF RESEARCH PROPOSAL||20||3|
|7||PHDED907||DEFENSE OF RESEARCH PROPOSAL||10||3|
|8||PHDED908||RESEARCH PHASE I||10||3|
|9||PHDED909||RESEARCH PHASE II||10||3|
|10||PHDED910||DISSERTATION WRITING PHASE I/PUBLICATIONS||10||3|
|11||PHDED911||RESEARCH PHASE III||10||3|
|12||PHDED912||RESEARCH PHASE IV||10||3|
|13||PHDED913||DISSERTATION WRITING PHASE II/PUBLICATIONS||10||3|
|14||PHDED914||RESEARCH PHASE V||10||3|
|15||PHDED915||DISSERTATION WRITING PHASE III/PUBLICATIONS||10||3|
|16||PHDED916||DEFENSE OF DOCTORAL DISSERTATION||10||3|