|Course Unit Title||RESEARCH METHODS|
|Course Unit Code||MBA510|
|Course Unit Details||MBA Business Administration (MBA) (Postgraduate Assignment Modules) - |
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||5|
|Learning Outcomes of the course unit||By the end of the course, the students should be able to:|
- The course acts as a preparatory course for the Master thesis.
- Explain the various research methodologies and the structure and content expected in a research project (including formulation of hypothesis and interpretation of results)
- Use financial databases manage large data sets and the use of econometric software.
- Undertake readings in various fields of business.
- Discuss or/and replicate some of the results of papers and read in class.
- Prepare a final research proposal on a particular area which could act as a preparation for their Master Thesis.
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Recommended optional program components||The course will be heavily based the methodologies and results of recent research articles. |
|Recommended and/or required reading:|
- Ethridge, D.E. (2004). Research Methodology in Applied Economics, Wiley-Blackwell
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods||The course utilizes face-to-face lectures and analyses.|
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Language of instruction||English|