MSc in Education for the Environment and Sustainable Development
Course Information Package
|Course Unit Title||DESIGNING EDUCATION PROGRAMMES FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT|
|Course Unit Code||ESD503|
|Course Unit Details||MSc Education for the Environment and Sustainable Development (Required Courses) -|
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||9|
|Learning Outcomes of the course unit||By the end of the course, the students should be able to:|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Recommended optional program components||NONE|
|Course Contents||- The principles of EESD pedagogy. |
- Sustainable School: Objectives and orientations of its operation.
- Theoretical and practical approaches to educational strategies such as the use of Projects and problem solving.
- Theoretical and practical approach of educational techniques for EESD such as environmental games, field study, debates, moral dilemmas, brainstorming, concept maps etc.
- Discussion and analysis of exemplar applications of the pedagogical strategies and techniques studied.
- Implementation of pedagogical strategies and techniques for integrating specific environmental issues in the national curriculum in pre-primary, primary and secondary education.
|Recommended and/or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
The theoretical part of the course (content of the taught concepts) is delivered by means of lectures, documentaries viewing and discussing as well as workshops engaging students in collaborative learning. Arrangements are also made for one outdoors study (field work) for acquiring experiences in the field.
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Language of instruction||Greek|