MSc in Education for the Environment and Sustainable Development
Course Information Package
|Course Unit Title||CONTEMPORARY APPROACHES TO EDUCATION FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT|
|Course Unit Code||ESD505|
|Course Unit Details||MSc Education for the Environment and Sustainable Development (Required Courses) -|
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||9|
|Learning Outcomes of the course unit||By the end of the course, the students should be able to:|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Recommended optional program components||NONE|
|Course Contents||- Environment and Sustainable Development Educational Programme Types, (Guided, community action).|
- Programme development process, organisation and implementation
- Parents’ and other groups’ participation in implementing Environment and Sustainable Educational programmes.
- Educators’ and school principals’ role in programme implementation.
- Presentation of Environment and Sustainable educational programmes (European programmes, networks, collaboration with other schools or local organisations, regional networks, national programmes, community action programmes).
- Discussion and analysis of EESD articles.
- Development and implementation of an Environment and Sustainable Development educational programme.
- Development of educational activities and material for the holistic and interdisciplinary exploration of an environmental or sustainable development issue, in the framework of an Environment and Sustainable Development educational programme.
- Use of the Curriculum subjects for Environment and Sustainable Development programme implementation.
|Recommended and/or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
The theoretical part of the course (content of the taught concepts) is delivered by means of lectures, documentaries viewing and discussing as well as workshops engaging students in collaborative learning. Arrangements are also made for one outdoors study (field work) for acquiring experiences in the field.
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Language of instruction||Greek|