MSc in Health Education and Health Promotion
Course Information Package
|Course Unit Title||LAW OF CARRIAGE OF GOODS|
|Course Unit Code||DLMLSB503|
|Course Unit Details||MA/LLM Maritime Law and Shipping Management (DL) (Required Courses) -|
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||8|
|Learning Outcomes of the course unit||By the end of the course, the students should be able to:|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Recommended optional program components||NONE|
• Obligations from the contract of affreightment (seaworthiness, due despatch, deviation)
• Time Charterparties
• Voyage Charterparties
• Bill of Lading in Hague Visby, Hamburg and Rotterdam Rules
• Carriage of Goods By Other and Multimodal Modes
• Dispute Resolution
|Recommended and/or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
The intended use of this module is such that you progress from unit 1 through to unit 10 in unit order. The module is designed to introduce and explain the material you are expected to learn. All the readings from the recommended textbooks associated with a specific unit, will be clearly stated. Furthermore, any relevant readings associated with a particular topic will be stated at various points within the unit, wherever appropriate. It is worth noting that all readings provide a good source of additional examples on which you can practice if you so wish.
The on-line learning environment provides an opportunity for receiving on-line feedback from the Module Instructors during your study and you are strongly advised to take advantage of this. In addition, you will be encouraged to interact both with other students and your instructor so that you feel part of an on-line community of learners that belong to the University network.
Recorded lectures/ Narrated presentations
You may be asked to watch a recorded lecture or narrated presentation posted on the web addressing the main concepts of a particular unit.
Dynamic Online Interaction:
• Asynchronous communication tool (Discussion Forum)
You may be asked to participate, wherever appropriate, in an online forum posting your views on certain topics covered in a particular unit.
• Synchronous communication tool (instant messaging)
Using the synchronous communication tools (such as, skype, chat rooms, video-conferencing, or telephone etc.), you may discuss with the Module Instructor(s) and/or other students on line with reference to specific issues covered in a given unit.
Throughout the Study Guide, you will find various forms of assessment/ self-assessment as follows:
- Online multiple choice questions on the topics covered.
- Online review questions designed to provoke thought/ action and reflection on the topics covered in each unit and their applicability in real life.
- Online case study exercises that are designed to check that you can correctly identify relevant issues and apply concepts covered in a specific unit.
- Discussion forum participation based on recommended articles and the questions offered for dynamic online interaction.
- Instant messaging participation.
- Further readings beyond those already recommended in this Guide.
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Language of instruction||English|