Sustainable Energy Research Group (SERG)
Main Thematic Areas:
|Energy, Building Physics, Sustainable Energy Technologies|
|Dr. Paris Fokaides|
Description of the main research interests and activities of the team/lab:
The Sustainable Energy Research Group (SERG) in Frederick University and Frederick Research Center, engages with state-of-the-art research regarding sustainable energy resources and building physics. SERG, accredited with ISO 9001:2008, operates under high quality standards and guarantees excellence and scientific reliability.
SERG activities include:
- research in the fields of experimental and computational building physics, as well as in sustainable energy technologies
- laboratory and consulting services
- teaching activities under the undergraduate and postgraduate program of studies of Frederick University
Description of the main equipment/facilities available:
SERG is constantly upgrading its lab equipment to facilitate the group’s experimental research work, as well as its Numerical Tools and Software. The currently available laboratory equipment of SERG can be distinguished into the following categories:
- Solid fuels and biomass Analysis Equipment
- Building Physics Laboratory Equipment
Detailed information about the SERG’s research infrastructure is provided on the Group’s website.