Course Information Package
|Course Unit Title||HEALTH SYSTEMS AND EVALUATION OF HEALTH SYSTEMS, SERVICES AND PUBLIC HEALTH PROGRAMS|
|Course Unit Code||DLMHM521|
|Course Unit Details||MSc Health Management (Distance Learning) (Required Courses) -|
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||10|
|Learning Outcomes of the course unit||By the end of the course, the students should be able to:|
|Mode of Delivery||Distance Learning|
|Recommended optional program components||NONE|
|Course Contents||• Knowledge of the ways in which culture, socio-economic background, behavior, health and illness are interconnected |
• To help students understand the basic concepts of health and health services.
• To equip students with the ability of critical and interdisciplinary analysis of individual functions of health systems.
• An understanding of the main positions and perceptions about the role of modern health systems and the environment.
• Deepening procedures benchmarking individual health systems.
• Analysis of problems facing health systems, particularly the Greek National Health System Greek / Cyprus (Ge.S.Y.).
• Understanding the concepts of efficiency and effectiveness of health services and the corresponding indicators
• The development of appropriate knowledge and skills for the creation, development and management tools for evaluation of health services.
• Deepening joint assessment methodologies using innovative assessment tools at both national and international level.
|Recommended and/or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Language of instruction||Greek|