MSc in Education for the Environment and Sustainable Development / Магистр наук в Области Образования по Вопросам Окружающей Среды и Устойчивого Развития
Course Information Package
|Course Unit Title||MASTER THESIS I|
|Course Unit Code||ESD551|
|Course Unit Details||MSc Education for the Environment and Sustainable Development (Electives Courses) - |
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||9|
|Learning Outcomes of the course unit||By the end of the course, the students should be able to:|
- Carry out investigation in the forefront of knowledge in the area related to topic of the student’s Thesis.
- Critically comment on the results of a research work and relate to other published research and scientific work.
- Demonstrate competency in the methodologies needed for a successful research project implementation.
- Employ analytical, modelling and experimental methodologies for the implementation of a research project.
- Use appropriate tools to support the implementation and evaluation of a research project.
- Formulate appropriate assessment criteria, and evaluate the outcome of a research project.
- Draw conclusions on the investigations of a research project, and propose areas for improvements and future developments.
- Produced a structured written report on the work of a Master’s level research project.
- Employ a variety of tools and media to present the work of a Master’s level research project.
- Defend orally the implementation and evaluation methodologies employed, as well as the outcomes of a Master’s level research project.
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Recommended optional program components||NONE|
|Course Contents|| A student registered in this course is expected to implement the objectives of the Thesis, using the methodology proposed in the EESD504A&B courses, according to the approved planning. The student should carry out a research project (theoretical and/or interpretational and/or applied research) that includes data collection, analysis and evaluation.|
|Recommended and/or required reading:|
- Students are provided with the textbook entitled “Guidelines for carrying out a Master thesis”, which presents in detail the procedures that should be followed by students for carrying out their Master thesis, the required structure of the thesis and the Thesis evaluation criteria and procedures. No other specific book is assigned. Students are expected to consult a variety of information sources, including textbooks, manuals, scientific and research papers.
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|| The Student is expected to use appropriate analytical, modelling and experimental methodologies for the implementation of the objectives of the Master’s project approved by the student’s Evaluation Committee.|
The Student is expected to meet regularly with his Thesis Advisor to ensure that the set objectives, methodologies and planning are met.
At the end of the semester, the student must submit a Master’s Thesis, and defend it orally.
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Literature review of existing knowledge||20%|
|Design methodology / implementation||20%|
|Presentation and documentation of results||15%|
|Evaluation and discussion of the main findings ||30%|
|Exploitation of the results||15%|
|Language of instruction||Greek|