MA / LLM in Maritime Law and Shipping Management
Specific Admission Requirements
Academic Requirement: A good undergraduate degree from a recognised university, or an equivalent international qualification, or an acceptable professional qualification. Candidates’ specific minimum academic requirements for admittance to the Programme are:
- Undergraduate degree with a business or law orientation, or
- Undergraduate degree in any other area, provided the candidate has substantial experience in a managerial post within a business environment, or
- A professional qualification such as Membership of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers, Qualified lawyer (e.g., Bar and Law Association membership), Master Mariner’s or Chief Engineer’s Certificate of Competency. This will only apply where the candidate has, in addition, satisfactory business experience.
English Language Requirement:If you have completed your entire degree in a non-English speaking Programme of studies, you must demonstrate satisfactory knowledge of English language. Suitable qualifications may include:
- TOEFL, or IELTS, or GCSE, or IGCSE, or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English, or equivalent, or
- High school leaving certificate from a High School where the language of tuition is English, or
- Α pass (>50%) at the English Placement Test of our University.
Recognition of Prior Learning
There are no specific arrangements for recognition of prior learning for this Program. Candidates can be granted transfer credits according to the general arrangements for recognition of prior learning of the University.
How to Apply:
Application forms can be obtained from the Admissions Office at Frederick University in Nicosia or Limassol. Alternatively, the form can be downloaded by clicking the button below:
Application Form: Click HERE to download (pdf)
As part of the application form you will need to submit the following supporting documents:
- Full Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Official transcripts of all degrees to date (including any not yet completed): Please ensure that you provide full detailed copies of your transcripts outlining all the modules you have studied and marks achieved.
- Personal Statement: A short written statement not more than 500 words outlining your suitability to the programme and your reasons for applying. You may highlight your professional and research interests and any relevant work experience.
- Two academic references or one academic and one professional where is applicable. You can provide us the names and contacts (telephone and email addresses) for your referees and they will be contacted directly by our admission office.
- Any other supporting documents: copies of certificates of relevant examinations such as language test results, GMAT results, etc.
For admissions enquiries you may contact Frederick University in Limassol:
Admissions and Student Affairs Officer: Ismene Charalambous
Tel. +357 25730975 (ext. 128)
MSc Programme Director: Dr Angelos Menelaou
Tel. +357 25730975
The complete package must be sent to:
Programme: MA/LLM in Maritime Law and Shipping Business
Department of Maritime Studies
18, Mariou Agathagelou Str.
Agios Georgios Havouzas,