MSc Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in Education for Sustainable Development
MSc in ICT for ESD
Level Of Qualification
|Masters (2nd Cycle Degree)|
Mode of Study
|Distance Learning, Full time or Part time|
The program aims to exploit the field of information and communication technologies for providing education for sustainable development. Our students can study free from the limitations of conventional postgraduate programs at their own space and pace by using a contemporary modern platform of electronic learning. The Masters was developed by means of a Lifelong Learning Erasmus Program and European Funding, through the collaboration of seven European Universities including Frederick University. It is the first joint masters offered by Frederick University.
The language of instruction is English.
Key Learning Outcomes
After successfully completing the program, our graduates will be able to:
- Reflect critically on one’s own theories, beliefs, learning, practice, and professional development.
- Critically examine dominant systems and paradigms and analyze complex sustainability issues locally and globally.
- Integrate interdisciplinary and cross-curricular thematic approaches to teaching and learning for sustainability.
- Create ICT-enabled ESD instructional units, applying principles of learning and software engineering.
- Develop inter-disciplinary and cross-curricular thematic lessons plans integrating ICT and sustainable development issues.
- Produce plans and training material for the in-school-based training of other teachers on ICT-enabled teaching and learning for sustainable development.
- Demonstrate a theoretical understanding of leadership, and the skills needed to offer effective leadership for sustainability.
Occupational Profiles of the Graduates
The Masters program is an individualized program of study in the field of ICT in ESD designed for both formal and non-formal educators as well as educational policy makers and planners through a critical- transformative and systems thinking approach. It is envisioned that after completing the degree, our graduates will be able to make a substantial contribution towards disseminating and implementing SD principles in every aspect of life, thus supporting the transition to a sustainable society.