MSc in International Trade and Shipping Management
Course Information Package
|Course Unit Title||ECONOMICS OF INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND TRANSPORT|
|Course Unit Code||ITSM514|
|Course Unit Details||MSc International Trade and Shipping Management (Elective and Concentration) - MA/LLM Maritime Law and Shipping Management (Elective and Concentration ) -|
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||6|
|Learning Outcomes of the course unit||By the end of the course, the students should be able to:|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Recommended optional program components||NONE|
1. Focus on maritime aspects of international trade
2. Analyse traditional analysis of supply and demand plus more recent developments in aspects of forecasting.
3. Analyse an actual trade model to discuss issues arising therefrom.
4. Explore market cycles to evaluate their effectiveness and efficacy.
5. Create risk conditions and deal with these using dynamic strategic approach
6. Explore economic factors of ship demolition, age profile and fleet renewal together with market prospects
7. Appreciate the important Trade Organisations and Associations
|Recommended and/or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods||
The course will be delivered through lectures, discussions and PowerPoint presentations augmented by discussion with lecture outside of standard teaching sessions.
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Language of instruction||English|