MSc in Oil & Gas and Offshore Engineering
Course Information Package
|Course Unit Title||DRILLING, RESERVOIR AND WELL ENGINEERING|
|Course Unit Code||MOE512|
|Course Unit Details||MSc Oil & Gas and Offshore Engineering (Required Courses) -|
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||7|
|Learning Outcomes of the course unit||By the end of the course, the students should be able to:|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Recommended optional program components||NONE|
· Planning and drillingwells.
· Rig selection.
· Rig equipment.
· Drill bits.
· Drilling fluids.
· Casing and cementing.
· Directional and Horizontaldrilling.
· Well Control andsafety.
· PVT properties of oiland gas.
· Determination ofreserves.
· Gas material balance,gas recovery factor and gas production forecasting.
· Reservoir drivemechanisms and recovery factors.
· Enhanced oil recoveryprocesses.
· Aspect of two phasefluid flow and reservoir simulation.
· Overview of well hardware and completions - connection of well to thereservoir and the surface.
· Surface equipment.
· Well inflow/outflow performance.
· Formation damage and skin analysis.
· Well stimulation.
|Recommended and/or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods||The taught part ofcourse is delivered to the students by means of lectures, conducted with thehelp of computer presentations. Lecture notes and presentations are availablethrough the web for students to use in combination with the textbooks.|
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Language of instruction||English|