MSc Manufacturing and Welding Engineering Design
Course Information Package
|Course Unit Title||ADVANCED CAD/CAM SYSTEMS|
|Course Unit Code||MDME502|
|Course Unit Details||MSc Manufacturing and Welding Engineering Design (Required Courses) -|
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||7|
|Learning Outcomes of the course unit||By the end of the course, the students should be able to:|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Recommended optional program components||NONE|
· CNC technology
· CNC programming concepts
· Generation of NC programs through manual programming.
· Computer Aided Design
· Computer Aided Manufacturing
· Laboratory work: A series of machining applications on a 5axis CNC machining center and a CNC turning machine using state of the art CAD/CAM systems.
|Recommended and/or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
· Lectures for learning the methodology of manufacturing based on CAD/CAM Systems. Lecture notes and presentations are available through the web for students to use in combination with the textbooks.
· Computer-assisted simulation examples of representative mechanical parts.
· Laboratory experiments: Actual machining on modern CNC machines. (Carried out in small groups.)
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Language of instruction||English|