MSc Manufacturing and Welding Engineering Design
MSc in Manufacturing and Welding Engineering Design
Level Of Qualification
Master (2nd Cycle Degree)
|Department of Mechanical Engineering|
Mode of Study
Full Time or Part Time
The aim of this MSc programme is to provide this advanced knowledge and scientific background such that our engineering graduates, based on the knowledge gained from this programme, can enter the mechanical engineering industry successfully and use this knowledge to slowly become experts in certain active areas or disciplines.
Furthermore, this MSc programme will broaden, strengthen and integrate knowledge and understanding regarding advanced engineering industry processes. This will include all the necessary academic tools, computational modelling techniques, design, and engineering practice to solve mechanical engineering problems of varying complexity, taking into consideration the economic, social and environmental context.
At the end of this programme, a deep and broad knowledge of the advanced mechanical engineering technology will have been acquired, enabling the prediction, improvement and innovativeness of the processes of modern mechanical engineering design and production activities.
Specializations in the MSc in Manufacturing and Welding Engineering Design
- Specialization in Manufacturing Engineering Design include courses which are designed to provide advanced competencies in the areas of computer-aided manufacturing, computer-aided design and analysis, and integrated processing of various materials. It is designed for decision-makers in manufacturing engineering, engineering graphics and design, process engineering, quality assurance, and tooling design.
- Specialization in Welding Engineering Design will provide graduates with a fundamental understanding of welding technologies and an awareness of recent technical developments within the relevant industries. It will also improve communication, presentation, analytical and problem solving skills. Our graduates will obtain high level education gain in advanced welding and joining technologies, thus be able to attain positions of significant engineering responsibility
The language of instruction is English and the program is academic.
Key Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, the students are expected to:
- Be provided with broader knowledge of advanced design, manufacturing and welding engineering: the technological evolution and current needs of the industry; the financial evolution of the industry and the financial drivers and needs of the international activities.
- Become familiar with the content and philosophy of the European and Cypriot legislative framework and to understand the relevant processes and factors.
- Understand the contemporary global, regional and local issues and develop systemic, critical and creative thinking about their impact on economic activities.
- Acquire skills and experiences necessary for engineers who will lead the fields of modern design, manufacturing and production engineering activities.
- Become familiar with the procedures and analysis needed to enforce pertinent legislation, enhance the issuance of international mechanical design and production related certification, and better facilitate the environmental labelling procedure and perform feasibility analysis.
- Develop a keen understanding of modern design and production enterprises and opportunities.
- Become familiar with welding fundamentals, processes and equipment, materials and metallurgy and welding safety.
- Be capable to inspect and evaluate quality of welds and finished weldments
- Be able to use the basic hand tools and power tools in a variety of conditions
- Develop a balanced perspective on safety and environmental concerns by offering to the students a broad-based understanding which will help at management level decision.
- Be equipped with the necessary knowledge and acumen to move into decision-making roles.
- Understand the organizational, political and entrepreneurial aspects of the industry.
- Be able to use effectively state-of-the-art software tools for advanced design and production engineering.
- Be able to gather information about the main local and international funding opportunities for promoting in a sustainable way the activities of modern design and production industry.
- Obtaining the necessary knowledge background so that they can become chartered in the professional chambers and associations.
- Be capable of using research results in education, within their professional environments and in society.
- Provide an advanced understanding and balanced perspective on the financial reporting and contractual activity of the design and production industry.
- Illustrating leading edge company practice in all areas of financial reporting, from environmental impact to corporate strategy and to emphasise the roles of all players in this.