Course Information Package
|Course Unit Title||BUSINESS RESEARCH AND REPORT WRITING II|
|Course Unit Code||ARRW102|
|Course Unit Details||BA Business Administration (DL) (Compulsory courses) - BA Business Administration (Required Courses) - BSc Marketing with Digital Technologies (Required modules) - BSc Maritime Studies (Required Courses) -|
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||5|
|Learning Outcomes of the course unit||By the end of the course, the students should be able to:|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Recommended optional program components||NONE|
1. Introduction: Research process: Steps we follow to do research.
2. Structure of a research report: Parts of a research report and what is included in each part.
3. Understanding different methodological approaches. Main research strategies and elements of a research design. Introduction to quantitative methodological approaches. Structure of a questionnaire.
4. Quantitative research: Analysis and organization of data. Analysis of two variables and the relationship between them. Examples using real data in lab, along with using appropriate software packages such as SPSS, Excel and other.
5. Statistical methods: Regression analysis (least squares method) for quantitative data. Simple Regression (between two variables). Analysis and explanation of the results.
6. Multiple regressions: analysis between more than two variables, interpretation of the results.
7. Extensions of multiple regression using dummy variables, logarithms and quadratics. Hypothesis testing using basic statistical tools on the significance of the results. Examples using real data in lab.
8. Application of all the above using questionnaire data in excel and though a project and presentation of that project.
9. Writing the report and prepare the presentation.
|Recommended and/or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
Lectures, discussions, examples, application using real data in excel. Oral presentations, feedback based on the evaluation of the research project submitted
The students should be able to collect appropriate data and use descriptive and regression analysis methods, along with appropriate software, in order to answer a research question in mind.
They should be able to interpret their results following the purpose of any quantitative project.
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Language of instruction||English|