Course Information Package
|Course Unit Title||RESEARCH IN EDUCATION FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT (PART III)|
|Course Unit Code||ESD504C|
|Course Unit Details||MSc Education for the Environment and Sustainable Development (Required Courses) -|
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||3|
|Learning Outcomes of the course unit||By the end of the course, the students should be able to:|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Recommended optional program components||NONE|
|Course Contents|| - Important scientific articles investigating EESD issues. Investigation of the adopted research and methodological approaches.|
- Important web-pages of international ESD research networks.
- Exploration of elements of quality in a research project.
- Examples of EESD research conducted by the School of Education of Frederick University.
- The research funding organisations in Cyprus and abroad and their main funding programmes in the field of EESD.
- Examples of competitive research proposals, practices for implementing a research project and disseminating research results.
- Developing presentation skills.
|Recommended and/or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|| This module is delivered through workshops of critical discussion of scientific articles and research projects, through presentations of research as well as presentations about research promoting organisations and the procedures they adopt.|
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Language of instruction||Greek|