Course Information Package
|Course Unit Title||TEACHING METHODOLOGY AND EFFECTIVE TEACHING|
|Course Unit Code||ESPLE511|
|Course Unit Details||MEd Curriculum Development and Instruction (Required Courses) - MA Educational Sciences: Dynamic Learning Environments (Required Courses) - |
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||10|
|Learning Outcomes of the course unit||By the end of the course, the students should be able to:|
- Apply effective teaching practices and employ their use in several classroom and teaching contexts.
- Analyze student characteristics and reach decisions for the appropriateness of various teaching approaches.
- Formulate appropriate teaching objectives for lessons and units in several subjects and have the ability to transform them into specific teaching approaches, activities and eventually outcomes.
- Incorporate the development of metacognitive skills into their teaching.
- Implement teaching strategies depending on students’ specific abilities and needs.
- Reach the appropriate decisions regarding students’ evaluation so that assessment data form the basis of future teaching.
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Recommended optional program components||NONE|
1. Designing effective teaching and lesson preparation
2. Teaching methods and techniques
3. Differentiation in teaching
4. Principles of effective classroom management
5. Questioning techniques
6. Classroom climate
7. Teaching objectives and goals
8. Development of metacognitive skills
9. Principles of student assessment
|Recommended and/or required reading:|
- Jackson, R. (2009). Never work harder than your students. ASCD.
- Schmoker, M. (2011). Focus: Elevating the essentials to radically improve student learning. ASCD
- Tomlinson, C. (2004). How to differentiate instruction in mixed ability classrooms. ASCD.
- Borich, G. (2010). Effective teaching methods: Research-based practice (7th Ed.). Allyn & Bacon.
- Evertson, C. & Emmer, E. (2008). Classroom management for elementary teachers (8th Ed.).Allyn & Bacon.
- Good, T. & Brophy, J. (2003). Looking in classrooms (9th Ed.). Pearson Education.
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
Group Discussion on topics raised during lectures
Group mini-assignmentsPresentation of individual and group work
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Critical Review ||10%|
|Language of instruction||Greek|
Εκτύπωση Ηλεκτρονικό ταχυδρομείο