Course Information Package
|Course Unit Title||ADVANCED METHODS IN EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH (PART I)|
|Course Unit Code||ESPLE512|
|Course Unit Details||MEd Curriculum Development and Instruction (Required Courses) - MA Educational Sciences: Dynamic Learning Environments (Required Courses) -|
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||10|
|Learning Outcomes of the course unit||By the end of the course, the students should be able to:|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Recommended optional program components||NONE|
· Different theories guiding research in education
and their consequences for knowledge construction within research community.
· The characteristics of quantitative and qualitative
research and the phenomenon of triangulation in research.
· The basic stages in educational research design:
problem identification, conducting an appropriate literature review, the
formation of hypotheses, data collection, data analysis for both quantitative
and qualitative studies and finally reporting and evaluating research results.
· The development of a questionnaire. Validity and
· The types of interview and the development of an
interview. The analysis of data.
· The types of observation and the development of an
observation. The analysis of the data.
· The survey designs, ethnographic and case study
research, action research and program evaluation.
|Recommended and/or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods||The theoretical part of the module (content of the taught concepts) is delivered by means of lectures, documentaries viewing and discussing as well as workshops engaging students in collaborative learning.|
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Language of instruction||Greek|