|Course Unit Title||RESEARCH PAPER|
|Course Unit Code||MACOM14|
|Course Unit Details||MSc Conservation and Restoration of Historical Structures (Required Courses) - |
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||10|
|Learning Outcomes of the course unit||By the end of the course, the students should be able to:|
- Identify the issues that govern the subject matter of a research paper
- Recognize and use the necessity research tools
- Develop the ability to discuss philosophical ideas on the subject
- Develop critical thinking
- Construct personal viewpoints and ideology regarding the thesis subject
- Express a personal ideology and standpoint in regards to the thesis subject
- Show argumentative skills in writing
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Recommended optional program components||NONE|
- Define the problem under investigation
- Writing of a Task Scheduler and Methodology approach and solving the problem
- Bibliographic research and information
- Approaching the subject of investigation through the rules of science and arts
- Finding the parameters of the problem
- Investigation of the influence of individual parameters on the overall problem and evaluation of the results
- Execution requiring fieldwork
- Execution requiring computational, laboratory and design work
- Preliminary results presentation and corrections
- Completion of Research Project
|Recommended and/or required reading:|
- Will be researched by the student.
- All the bibliography of the masters program
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
The work will be executed by the close cooperation of the student or students ( if they will work in groups of two) with the supervisor. An important part of the work but will be implemented in the self-motivated student (or students) and initiatives so as to certify integrated personality and able to investigate and resolve specific issues.
Each student will be required to file timely the required number of copies of research work in print and electronic form.
Every student must make an oral presentation of research work before the Selected Committee.
The exact number of copies of the research paper should be submitted and the procedure of the hearing will be determined by rules of the Graduate Program.
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Research Project ||50%|
|Oral presentation of research work||50%|
|Language of instruction||Greek|