MSc in Oil & Gas and Offshore Engineering
Course Information Package
|Course Unit Title||LNG PROCESSING, STORAGE, TRANSPORT, RE-GASIFICATION, DISTRIBUTION AND USAGE|
|Course Unit Code||MOE506|
|Course Unit Details||MSc Oil & Gas and Offshore Engineering (Elective Courses) -|
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||7|
|Learning Outcomes of the course unit||By the end of the course, the students should be able to:|
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Recommended optional program components||NONE|
· Natural Gas Terminal.
· NaturalGas Composition.
· NaturalGas Processing/Purification.
· Natural Gas Storage(Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), Liquid Natural Gas (LNG)).
· LNGproduction by Natural Gas Liquefaction.
· LNGStorage (above-ground, in-ground, under-ground storage).
· LNGTransport (Piping, sea-transport) and shipment.
· LNGRe-gasification to Natural Gas (heat-exchangers for LNG).
· Natural GasDistribution and Usage.
|Recommended and/or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods||The taught part ofcourse is delivered to the students by means of lectures, conducted with thehelp of computer presentations. Lecture notes and presentations are availablethrough the web for students to use in combination with the textbooks.|
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Language of instruction||English|